So I got away with cooking this delicious Thai recipe without some of the ingredients which you may not have lying around, so I thought I would share.
I don’t like to use sauces from a jar because I eat a decent amount for a tiny person (as you can maybe tell) so I like to know exactly what’s in my food. That way I don’t feel bad for eating lots because it’s all homemade and healthy. But whether you want to make the paste from scratch or not (it’s super easy trust me!), you can still use this recipe as I have split up the paste and remaining recipe ingredients and method 🙂
Time: 40 mins
Thai red curry paste:
And the rest of the ingredients:
- Rinse the rice through a couple of times and then submerge in water in a bowl and leave on the side
- Paste: Toast the cumin seeds in the pan you will be using, add this and the rest of the ingredients to a small food processor and whizz up. Leave to one side.
- Chop up all your vegetables and chicken
- Add some oil to a large saucepan (with a lid, keep off for now) and add the peppers and onions, after a few minutes add the mushrooms
- Add your paste to the pot and stir until the vegetables are covered
- Add the chicken to the pot, add salt and pepper and then cover with a lid until cooked. When done cut open a few pieces to check they are cooked through
- Boil some water, just over 2 large mugs. Drain the rice and put it in a small saucepan (with a lid, keep off for now) and submerge in a ratio of approximately 1.5 boiling water:1 rice. Add salt
- Bring the water and rice to a slight boil then turn the heat down, put the lid on and leave on simmer until all the water has been soaked up by the rice. This should be no more than 10 minutes
- Add the garlic, paprika and chilli
- Add the tin of coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Turn the heat down to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with the lid off
- Put it all together and voila you are done!
Let me know how it goes 🙂